Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day job

I recently dug up an old thread on "The Artfull Writer", talking about your "day job" and how it's a means to the ends till you make that break ("IF").

So hear I sit. My day job... it makes ends meet and it's kinda in the right direction. Surfing around nothing that has to do with anything when I found the following...

"Invest in yourself first and always. Select day jobs that also move you forward and give you the experiences you want and need. Never take a job just to pay the bills. Always find a job that pays you back in some way because while you are selling your time you'll want to have something to show for it in the end."

...."Being proactive really means doing something every day to move yourself forward. This can be something as simple as practicing visualization techniques, writing an article like I do, or surfing websites that interest you."


...now, am I moving myself forward? Am I sticking to the words that are coming out of my mouth, "keep your story moving forward!". Over and over, I say keep your story moving forward, but am I doing enough? My job isn't. What chances am I giving myself? Have I defined myself? Am I reaching above the line? Did this move me forward?

No comments: